Social media is a powerful tool for business in reaching your customers and prospects. There is no doubt that social media is an effective tool in promoting a home business, usually Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn. Great marketing on social media brings remarkable success to your business. You can drive leads, sales and create devoted brand advocates.
Social media marketing involves creating and sharing content on social media networks in order to achieve your goals. It includes activities such as posting texts and images, videos and other contents that may drive audience engagement. You may as well include paid social media advertising.
LinkedIn enjoys a well-deserved reputation as the most useful social media network network for business owners and professionals. The social network is a powerful tool for lead generation, market research, and global networking. LinkedIn is all about making professional connections. You connect with potential clients, customers, mentors and potential leads.
Learning about LinkedIn’s little-known and advanced features helps you unlock its potential to the greatest extend possible. Here are some tips you can use for maximizing LinkedIn to build your home business.
- Create a killer profile – LinkedIn gives you a chance to create a profile that speaks the client or customers you want to have. Create a business-oriented profile that will attract potential clients. List what you do, your experience and how you can help them.
- Use Keywords – Keywords help your connections find you when they need your product or service you offer. Include your skills and experiences as related keywords.
- Strategic connections – LinkedIn is not all about numbers, but Quality. Make targeted connections in terms of your services and products. Use personal notes when asking for connections. Think of how you can help others when making connections and not how they can help you.
- Share professional ideas & updates – LinkedIn is all about showing your expertise and skills. It is a platform to post your new blog articles, product launch and related news.
- Participate in groups – This enables you to build connections beyond your current network. Search or create a group that caters for your market. Participate in discussions, share your expertise, provide help and support while making connections. They are ideal in building trust.
- Generosity – Endorse your connections for a skill, write recommendations or introduce a connection to a potential prospect. Don’t wait for others to do so for you. Spread the love first and they will return the favor.
You can also Browse the Questions section of LinkedIn; providing answers helps you get established as a though leader and earn trust.
Manage your professional identity. Build and engage with your professional network. Access knowledge, insights, and opportunities.